Project Management Basics
Mastering project management skill in the twenty first century is one of the most important skills that leaders and commanders should master. Because of its great importance in transforming the future vision and plans into a successful reality.
This course is designed to prepare applicants to take and pass the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam successfully.
By the end of this course, students are expected to be efficiently able to:
- Recognise what the Global Project Management Institute (PMI) is, and the importance of its programs.
- Master the five pillars of project management successfully.
- Know the main nine terms in a successful project management.
- Set goals intelligently.
- Identify needs and desires.
- Master planning, management expectations and assignments.
- Develop supervision Skills.
- Control and monitor potential risks before they occur.
Course topics and outline
|Explain the course contents, explain the success agreement and complete it, recognize and understand a project, a project management, and a project manager and his main characters.|
|Introduction about the Global Project Management Institute (PMI). Learn about PMBOK, the five pillars of the Project Management, and the nine terms that are required by the institute in successful project management.|
|Beginnings, the definition of smart goals, identify needs and desires, writing project charter, and who are main reference for the project?|
|Planning, managing expectations, setting tasks, expected time, the necessary capabilities and tools for a proper project management, the costs associated with providing these capabilities and tools on time, setting the executive steps for each task, risk management, setting Gantt charts, setting Tippy charts, and Microsoft Project.|
|Implementation, the ideal limit of implementation for each task, supervisory skills, and reducing the degree of risk.|
|Control, risk control, monitor changes, adjust, adapt, update and follow-up.|
|Conclusion, preparing to end the course, discussing the benefits derived from the challenges that we have faced on the project, and celebration for completing the course.|
Exercise and Evaluation
- Daily accomplishment and progression evaluation.
- Exercises for each lesson.
Training methods and tools used in this course
List of references
- PMP Handbook by PM International
- Definitive PMP® Certification and Study Guide
- Demystifying the PMP Exam by PM Campus